Saturday 10 December 2011

NEW ARTIST: Vince Kidd!

I have many people approach me and ask me if I could listen to their music. Sometimes its good and sometimes its not so good.


Having mutual friends and seeing each other at various different social gatherings, I always knew Vince Kidd was a singer but never really knew how good of a singer he was. At Troy Bar he gave me his CD and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't overly excited. I just thought 'great, another one'.

On the way home from Troy Bar I played his CD in the car and from the first track, me and my friend looked at each other like 'Say whaaaaaaaaat?'. It blew me away. Ever since then, Vince Kidd's CD 'Taboo' has been the most played out CD in my house, in the car, at work and even at my mums house.

Recently supported Lana Del Rey and performed at hip club Nottinghill Arts Club, Vince Kidd is about to make an explosion in this dry, repetitive music scene. Not only is his voice soulful, his lyrical word play is just on a different calibre. With an edgy-retro style, Vince Kidd will definitely stand out from the rest of the boys.

If you don't believe me, here is an actual acoustic video of him performing my favourite song 'Smother Me'. Watch it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment