Wednesday 21 December 2011

Jennifer Hudson VS Precious!

Gabourey Sidibe who played the character Precious in the self titled movie did an outstanding job, but what if she didn't get the role and instead ex American Idol/actress Jennifer Hudson did?


Well the story is that the role of Precious was originally offered to Hudson but turned it down because she did not want to pile on the weight. The 30 year old had to gain weight for her character Effie in Dreamgirls in 2008. It took her the next 2 years for her to get rid of the weight so its no surprise why she turned down the role.


In her new book I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down she says. 'I had done that with Effie, and as much as I was moved by this film, I wanted to try a role that had nothing whatsoever to do with my weight.'


How would the film of turned out if Jennifer Hudson had taken the role?

No comments:

Post a Comment