Tuesday 27 December 2011

Jessie J To Feel Pain On New Album!

It seems as though the 'Do It Like A Dude' singer Jessie J has been inspired by Adele and decided that on her new album she will be delving into the deeper side of her life.


"[Adele] said she's worried everyone thinks she's always going to be this broken-hearted woman because of the songs on 21. Those songs were just a moment in Adele's life and that's what music should be, a moment in time, an exaggeration of that moment condensed into a three-minute song." - Jessie J


So what exactly does Jessie J mean that her new album will explore more pain? In an interview with the Daily Star, she explains: 'There'll be a lot more pain in the lyrics on my next album. For the seven years before I signed my record deal I was in a bad place and I was scared that I couldn't get out of it. That's why I wrote such upbeat music, as a way of trying to escape how I felt. I want to explore every aspect of music more on the next album, from different styles to my voice to what I sing about to who I get to duet with.'


One of the reasons why Adele's 21 and even 19 was a global hit was because her pain was believable and executed immaculately. Her fans felt what she said and instantly could relate. Jessie J clearly has an amazing voice but the music just doesn't suit it. Plus, at times I feel like she's trying hard to be weird like Gaga and step out of this trying to 'fit in' thing. I'm up for hearing something different from the songstress and I'm even looking forward to seeing her embrace that vulnerable side of her vocals. I'm sure if she does it correctly, she will be bigger than what she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment