Wednesday 27 July 2011

Heshima - Tribute To Amy Winehouse!

Heshima Thompson was one of Amy Winehouse's backing singers. Along with his brother Zalon, they both formed a special friendship with the troubled artist. Seeing her highs and lows, these two never left her side and always showed support.

After hearing the devastating news of Amy Winehouse' death, Heshima posted a link to the track which he recorded in his bedroom.

Along with backstage footage, the track's lyrics included: 'Please don't go, this can't be right. Won't you stay, tears dry on their own, you say. These tears won't dry without you Amy.'

After listening and watching the video YouTube, it suddenly hit me that Amy is actually gone and we will no longer be able to hear her amazing music.

I've never been the type to be effected by a celebrities death but as I write this, my eyes are welling up and 'I've got this funny feeling in my stomach. Its been a sad weekend but I however, will remember her for her great achievements and stories I was told by her loved one's and friends.

Amy Winehouse, hope you get the rest and peace you deserve. RIP.

Listen to Heshima's tribute song and let me know what you was doing the day you first ever heard of Amy Winehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment