Monday 16 May 2011

Talay Riley - From Gold To Bronze!

Talay Riley has released his third single Good As Gold featuring Scorcher. Is it any good though?

After I was very much hooked on his first single Humanoid, I was very excited to hear what this guy would come out with next. His second single Sergeant Smash, was an OK song, It didn't give me the same excitement as his first but it was 'AAIIIIIIGHT'. The video to Sergeant Smash was a very big let down.

Now we have Good As Gold and to be very precise, its a pile of cat doo doo as is the video to Good As Gold. It seems like his heading towards the Channel AKA audience. How is it possible to have an artist with great vocals and put out music like this? Now I don't know if its a label thing or if Riley has any say in what gets released but something needs to change ASAP. The potential in Talay as an artist is immense.

I've seen him perform live when he was supporting Jessie J before she got big. His vocals were off the wall. So it is very disappointing to know that such talent is pushing out music of this calibre. I'm sure there is some sort of explanation here. Could be the team, the label etc. Hopefully he would of learned from this second mistake and get back what he first showed us.

Here's the video to Good As Gold featuring Scorcher. Let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment