Wednesday 23 February 2011

Mz Bratt - Pretty But You Can't Get Dark!

Me and Mz Bratt have this 'Love-Hate' relationship. I love her looks but hate her Mc'ing. Its a sad situation but this is life. We have to deal with it. I have to deal with it.

So, when I first heard 'Get Dark', to my surprise, I was like 'OK, I like this'. Then I realised why I liked it so much. It was produced by Mikey J. The same producer that did nearly the whole of Kano's 'Home Sweet Home' album, and we know that album was a success.

When I saw Mz Bratt perform 'Get Dark' at ILuvLive in November, it was horrific. I strictly remember, she was headlining. As soon as Ed Sheeran did his set and she went up, every body walked out. And again, its a sad situation but this is life. From what I see, the 'pretty lil' lighty' has not got much respect from the 'Urban Grime Scene'. Do they rate her as a rapper? Has she done enough to be appreciated and respected for her grind? These are questions that need answers and I simply cannot provide them.

Getting back to 'Get Dark', it was my ring tone for quite some time. And it hurt my soul to know that I liked a song from an artist who I thought cannot rap nor Mc. But I kept telling myself 'its OK coz it was produced by Mikey J'. It grew on me hard (no pun intended). The word about a video was spreading like wild fire. This got me excited. Could this be the moment that Bratt would get me hooked? Will she redeem herself from all the rubbish she had previously done? I literally thought I was going to faint.

The video came out... To my non-surprised face, I was yet let down again by this human. Why are you doing a photo shoot themed video when the track is quite dark? Did you not learn from the 'I Like You' video? That was a shambles. I expected this to be very dark, angry yet artistic. Yes Bratt looks mighty stunning. This is the look she should have been doing from the start but looks can only get you so far. There is no more to say about this. Bratt has officially lost any sort of 'likeness' I had for her. She better run, run, run like she's got the lurgies'.

p

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny babe! What a brutal post haha - i was also very very disappointed by the video - I think im gonna start to be brutal like you on my blog haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! - Good review.

    ReplyDelete