Sunday 3 April 2011

Tinie Tackles Homophobia!

On March 3rd, I did an article called 'The Undisclosed Gay MC'. When I wrote that article, I had 3 Mc's in my head that I thought could possibly be prime suspects...

Moving on swiftly, a gay rights activist called Peter Tatchell has claimed that he's approached the Football Association about filming a video to highlight the issues of homophobia and he believes that Tinie would be the right person for the music.

At a 'Leading The Way' conference, Tatchell reportedly said: "The Football Association (FA) needs to give a much stronger lead in tackling homophobia."
He continued: "I have long urged the FA to make a MTV-style video against homophobia, with big-name stars like David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Wayne Rooney and others. I'd like to see the video have a strong, joyful music track by a leading contemporary singer like Tinie Tempah.

"The aim is to produce a feel-good, happy-vibe video and get it shown on MTV, YouTube, in schools, at junior football clubs and on giant screens at Premier League games before matches and during half-time."

The "Leading The Way' conference was organised by Kick It Out, which is football's anti-racism, equality and diversity campaign.

Strange that they think Tinie Tempah would be oh so perfect for this. I guess they thinks he has a way with balls.

1 comment:

  1. Leaving Tinie and his possible ball juggling antics aside. Why do i get the feeling that 'leading the way' views fighting homophobia and promoting homosexuality as the same thing?

    The way this is currently heading it will end up being videos that pretty much state 'look all your idols think being gay is cool, so it must be' which naturally can imply being heterosexual is so passe.

    Frankly I couldn't give a toss the way one bends, but in order to make something acceptable I do not think viewing anothers way of life as subpar is ok nor do I think its okay to have gay promotional ads in my face or any other ads for that matter.

    ReplyDelete