Saturday 27 November 2010

Adidas - Are You Dumb Fam?

Adidas at one point was the biggest sports wear in the world. No doubt that it still is... But to who?
Yesterday I was walking home when the 83 bus (West Ealing) went past me. It had a BIG poster advertising the sports brand. Now you maybe thinking 'And whats your point?'. I found the poster very intimidating. It was who they used to advertise their brand that bothered me very much. They had Scorcher modelling their clothes.



As we know Scorcher is an Mc from North London who's got tracks such as 'Lipsin Ting', 'London Boy' and 'I Know'. Some people are probably thinking why I have a problem with this. Its because, Adidas used to use artists/celebs such as Missy Elliott, David Beckham, Run DMC and so on... Celebs who have made names for themselves, who are known world wide. Now somebody please tell me who Scorcher is outside of the underground scene?

Adidas have obviously lost their touch if they are promoting their gear to Tottenham and Peckham. I dont have a problem with anyone's grind, but I do have a problem when they start using people that my mother has never heard of. If they are going to use urban artists then why not just sponsor Boy Better Know and get them to start attacking people on the streets. That way, if the police ask 'Who attacked you?', you just draw out the 3 strips. SIMPLE!

Im not hating on anybody, this is called an opinion!

1 comment:

  1. loool true talk tho ,thought exactly the same thing when i saw him on the bus i took yesterday

    ReplyDelete